Umbrella’s are still one of the most popular promotional items on the market today.
Promotional umbrellas are a billboard for your brand. Much loved and received well as corporate or employee gifts, ideal for charities or outdoor functions, the trusty umbrella is still one of the best selling promotional items on the market today.
We have a huge range of promotional umbrellas to choose from, here are a few examples, just click an image to go to our store and see the full range.
Request a call back from one of our Promotional Products Event Planning specialists – get insider tips and planning advice on:
✔ How to budget gifts for your event for best results
✔ Understanding your audience, making an impression
✔ What’s hot – best sellers in Australia right now!
✔ What to look for when ordering apparel
✔ Indent VS offshore orders, which is best?
✔ Let us ‘search and submit’ the ideas to you, it couldn’t be easier
Types of Umbrellas – how do you choose?
There are many types of umbrellas and when choosing it is best to understand what it will be used for.
- High Wind/Wind Resistant umbrellas are designed to stand up well to strong winds. Engineered with a vented, double canopy the wind resistant umbrella allows wind to pass through, but not rain. The frame may also be stronger in general.
- Auto Umbrellas: These umbrellas are designed to open at the push of a button and contain a telescopic shaft. They are compact umbrella designed to be carried in purse or briefcase.
- Golf Umbrellas: These umbrellas are usually larger than normal with a high shade appeal. The shaft is normally longer as well to be carried in deep golf bags. The design of the panels is normally an alternating two tone, a signature look for golf umbrellas.
- Beach Umbrellas: As the name suggests Beach umbrellas are designed for sun protection. The canopy is a wider and flatter than a normal umbrella, they also have a longer than normal handle with a screw type mechanism at the base, as they are commonly fixed into the sand.
- Bubble Umbrellas: These have a full round dome canopy like a bubble. It is normally made of clear materials, as it dips lower than a normal umbrella and allows the user to see through the canopy.
The many uses of promotional umbrellas
Still one of the most popular choices for promotional activities, umbrellas are a great way to stand out in a crowd. A functional product that looks great at any event. Often purchased for outdoor events such as golf days, music festivals, charities, weddings etc. With wide panels, it is an ideal position to place your company logo for all to see. Another use for promotional umbrellas is as corporate or employee gifts, they create goodwill and a lasting impression. Personalised umbrellas are likely to be seen by many people, they act as a billboard for your brand. With a vast range of styles, colours, price points and decoration options it is always best to seek the advice of a Promotional Products expert to have them guide you through the options available to you.
Taking care of your umbrella
Umbrellas are made to high standards but are still made for normal weather conditions. Using an umbrella in very high winds or thunderstorms are never a good idea for the humble umbrella and should be used responsibility. An umbrella taken by the wind can become a virtual missile. It is best to open an umbrella facing down towards the ground, this allows the ribs to fall into place. Whenever possible, after use, leave your umbrella open to dry. If this underside of the umbrella is not dried fully, this will eventually cause rust. In addition damage can be caused if the fabric is left damp and creased. Prolonged exposure to the sun will cause fading over time so for best results leave your umbrella folded, dry and out of the sun.
Little know facts about umbrellas
The annual market for umbrellas in the United States alone, is around $350 million. In China around 350 million umbrellas are manufactured each year. The tiny cocktail umbrella was invented in the early half of the 20th century and are still popular today.
Printed commercial umbrellas for cafes, restaurants, wineries etc
Large instant Shade umbrellas are used by just about every cafe in Australia as protection from the sun. They can be installed permanently or as a mobile bases if installation is not possible. Commercial umbrellas are an economical promotional device and can be seen clearly from a distance. Screen printing is the most common method for branding on these large panels, but for a more dramatic full graphic solution digital printing allows edge to edge printing. Most inks used are UV rated for a longer life as they don’t fade easily over time in the sun.
Need Assistance or Quote?